Learn About Computers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Learn About Computers

Teaching about Computers

3. Booting in Kali from Uefi Bios (Windows 8-10) to Usb

Aof
    Admin

3. Booting in Kali from Uefi Bios (Windows 8-10) to Usb Empty 3. Booting in Kali from Uefi Bios (Windows 8-10) to Usb

Post by Aof Fri May 11, 2018 1:53 am

3. Booting in Kali from Uefi to Usb
    ----
    Before booting into Kali, unplug your Internet if you are connected by the Ethernet Cable, the first time we boot in Kali our host name will be displayed as Kali, we do not want that, I'll teach you how to change it once we boot into the Operating System on the Usb Stick in the next video in this series.

Method 1:
    1. Power down your computer, (for a toshiba model, I had to hold the power button down until it went off, then turn on the power button while holding F2.)
    Enter the Bios by holding or tapping "F2" while starting your Pc.
    2. I went to Security and Disabled Secure Boot, Your pc may or may not have a secure boot option.
    3. Look through the tabs for Legacy mode, or Usb Legacy Emulation, Enable it.
    4. Go into System Configuration, select CSM Boot instead of Uefi Boot, exit the submenu if you had to go into a sub menu to flip the switch.
    5. Exit and save your Bios Settings.
    Note: Before you're able to boot back into your normal Operating System, you will need to change all settings back the way they were.
    So do not change anything unless you write down exactly what you change, so that you won't forget.

Now plugin your Kali Usb, and reboot your system press the F_ key on your Pc which allows you to choose a boot device,
    for me it was F12,but it could be a different F_ Key for you,
    I would suggest just repeatedly rebooting your pc until you find the correct F_ Key.
    Then boot from your Kali Usb choosing Live System Persistence Drive without encryption.

Method 2:
    1. Shutdown the system.
    2. Plug in your Kali Usb Bootable.
    3. tap F9 repeatedly (yours may be a different key, try different f1-12 keys until you find the right one, or google your pc to fine out which one it is, if they don't work, even try Esc.
    4. Press F9 (for me) Enter Setup, for you it may be different, follow on-screen instructions for Navigating.
    5. Look for Boot order, or Boot options.
    6. Go to Legacy Support, enable it with arrow keys and keyboard, or onscreen instructions if that doesn't work.
    7. In the legacy boot order, set Usb to be booted from first. Follow on-screen instructions to change the boot order, as different computers may be different controls. It may or may not ask you to enter the on-screen displayed code upon booting up your machine again to confirm changes, depending on your Pc's security.
    8. On Ueifi Boot order, we will boot from the hard drive, or Os first.
    9. Follow onscreen instructions to save & exit, for me it was F10.
    10. The next time it tries to boot up, we have to enter the pass code it displays on the screen then press Enter to confirm the changes that we've made.
    11. After it boots up, shutdown the system again.
    12. Once it shuts down, and even the powerkey light goes out.
    13. turn on your Pc, and tap F9 (or the key you used before to get to boot options)
    14. go down to Usb Hard Drive that you have Kali installed on,
    select (Ueifi) version if you have an Operating that supports Ueifi (Windows 8-10).
    15. go down to Live System Persistence drive without encryption, and press Enter.
    It will then boot from the Kali Usb Bootable Drive. Now you need to wait patiently, and not press anything while matrix style text flies across your screen. Haha Until We see the Operating System, then I'll continue the Tutorial from there in the next video.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:13 pm